Saturday, September 27, 2008

My first vacation without the kiddo

So far everything is going okay. I haven't gotten to talk to Alex much at all since we have been here and that has been particularly hard.  I'm such a control freak (and perfectly okay with that) that it has been very frustrating not being on a good schedule and talking to him daily. Other than a rough first night, for both him and me, everything does seem to be going well though.

Yesterday I spent sightseeing around Vancouver (pics to come soon) and saw the beautiful Stanley Park, a few national landmarks, some local shopping and even managed to stumble across a tent sale, which was fun even though I left empty handed. In the afternoon I treated myself to an hour and a half long high tea at the Fairmont Hotel Vancouver, which was just amazing. If we are ever blessed with a daughter I think that will be the perfect mom and daughter birthday ritual.

Today Eric is finishing up classes in the morning and then we will sight see together this afternoon. We plan to hit up the suspension bridge and a few other gorgeous photo opps.  I'm still working on bettering my photography since I can't ever seem to take the shot I see, but even I'm seeing small improvements.

Tomorrow it's back to Seattle and Eric is off home while I spend one more day here with family and friends. I'll fly back Monday and join life as we know it then.

We are still trying to sell our house and buy a new one, but over the last few days that too has gone south since the seller of the house we love is a non negotiating little pinhead who won't negotiate at all and refuses to lower his house to the value it appraises for.  Since that is no longer assured watch the open houses we are having this weekend bring in an offer for ours. LOL

Ok off to play in Vancouver. 

No comments: