Saturday, June 5, 2010

Eggplant Parmesan...An Italian Eviction

eggplant parmesanImage by stringparts via Flickr

Recently I've been offered funny, entertaining advice as I near the end of my pregnancy. It cracks me up sometimes how this advice, offered in earnest, well meaning tones has survived for so many years. A few quick minutes of google searches and you can read for hours on things that will start or stop labor, ways to have a quiet child (yeah right I missed that one with Alex!), birthing quickly, you name it!

My favorite of the last few weeks has been the labor inducing Eggplant Parmesan. I told my husband about it, joked about making it as we got closer to our date, even sent him the link to this "baby making dish".

Then today my mother in law called and invited us out for Italian. Now eating out for Italian food is a big treat around this gluten free, corn free, egg free household! Lucky for us the new kid on the block Maggianos offers a great gluten free menu I've been dying to try. I got a huge chuckle too out of glancing over the menu and Eggplant Parmesan being the first thing to catch my eye! We're almost 37 weeks, have 25 days to go, so I'm not planning an Italian eviction just yet, but if it comes down to Pitocin vs Italian I know where I'm setting up shop!

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: