Thursday, December 27, 2007

A Tyrant Toddler

If you read my Christmas newsletter you probably got a laugh out of our Toddler Triumphs over Tyrant Parents article, but let me tell you these last few days have been awful with a toddler suffering from a sinus infection and major congestion.  The poor guy is coughing horribly, super cranky and only wants Mommy. 

I managed to sneak away today for about an hour and hit the gym, which was great since I haven't been in a week.  I feel so much better when I make it there and with it only taking 35 minutes, there is just really no reason not to go.  I am also really focusing on my water intake today and am determined to get all 10 glasses in before bed tonight.  They say it takes 21 days to make a habit so this is day 2 of healthy eating, daily exercise and drowning my pounds in H20. 

We also just got a house guest who will be here until next Wednesday.  Precious, my sister in law's dog, is quirky and adorable.  Hopefully our chaotic household won't terrify her.

For most of the day Eric and I have tried to clean house around and behind the two foot tall tornado that lives here.  It never fails to amaze me how much destruction he can do.  On that note I need to run so I can get cleaning again!

No comments: