Tuesday, January 1, 2008

New Years Day

2008 is here and I want to remember it is as my year of organization.  Although we keep a clean house, there is still a crazy toddler, two dogs and two busy parents that daily clutter up our house.  I want to spend January really getting everything in a designated place that is easier to maintain. 

Today Alex had his first New Year's Day meal.  He at Corned Beef, mashed potatoes, carrots, cabbage and black eyed peas...mmmm.  By far his favorite was the meat.  I got half the Christmas decorations down and will finish up tomorrow, but it was kind of sad as all the holiday charm is being packed away.

I got our Thank you cards ordered today and will hopefully have those out next week.  I really enjoyed hosting Christmas and hope that in the future we can surround ourselves with even more family than we have this year. I made so much food that we are just now getting down the end of the leftovers and it was so nice not to have to cook over the holidays. 

Ok off to get a good night's sleep and then tomorrow I have my last day of freedom! Here's to a great 2008 for everyone.

No comments: